Thursday, May 25, 2006

am I a spoiled brat?

Am i? am i one? for those who knows me, do you think i am one? it's just weird when you tell someone for the first time that you're the only child in the family, immediately ppl would think that you're a spoiled brat..

From young, i do get what i wanted.. did i? hmmmm.. it's been too long to remember that.. i just remember that my dentist was at SS2, PJ and my tailor was at PJ too.. so my dad always had to drive me there.. hehe.. as for my clothes, my mom would go to The Mall which is just next to the Legend Hotel to buy those imported dresses for me..

That scenario didn't last long.. haha.. of course coz i grew up and went to school.. my mom got me a home tutor to teach me for that 6 years when i was in primary school.. my mom expected good grades from me.. in return i'd get my first Gameboy.. haha.. i had to work hard to earn that, mind you..

Fast forward, when i was 18, i got to enter LimKokWing college.. my mom bought me a car.. a local car, Proton Iswara which was like RM48k++ at that time.. i got my very first cellphone too.. my mom shopped with me to buy new clothes and shoes.. everything during college time was expensive.. then i got my 1st ever Mac.. a G4 which costed my mom RM10k+.. now it's still at home which i plan to sell it and get a Mac laptop..

Sometimes i do wonder if i'm really a spoiled brat.. my mom would buy clothes from Zara or U2 or G2000 for me while she shops at Reject Shop or FOS or Jaya Jusco.. when i started working, my mom changed my Proton to a Kia Spectra.. she knows how i drive.. i love to speed and she's concern about my safety so she got me a better car.. a more stable car.. she paid cash for it and i'm lucky that i DO NOT have to pay any installment.. just that i've to pay for the road tax and insurance every year AND also petrol..

I've never pay my mom nor given my mom money after i started working.. no.. it's not coz i'm an ASS, it's coz my salary is barely enough for me alone! at one point i was earning RM2k per month, my mom would insist that i save it and take some money to buy more clothes as my job requires me to meet clients.. on one occassion, i was given a diamond bracelet which is like RM2k+ from my mom.. well, she sold my old jewellery and top up some money to get me that bracelet..

I would like to think that i'm NOT a spoiled brat.. my mom just doesn't get me things easily like a snap of a finger.. she would plan it carefully and when i least expected it, she'd get it for me! now, i'd get things i want with my money.. i mod my car with my own money and i bought 3 new cellphones throughout the past few years with MY money..

To all my friends, do you think i'm a spoiled brat? how do you define a spoiled brat? i DON'T have a credit card to swipe with nor a maid for me to order around.. i know that one day i'd repay my mom.. but sometimes i do feel that i've this love & hate relationship with her.. don't you ALL feel that too? hehe..

So, what do you think? am i one? *wink*

p/s: thanks to someone, saying that i'm a spoiled brat coz my mom got me a car which was fully paid.. that made me think & wonder

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nah you're not a spoiled brat

Anonymous said...

just privileged, i'd say

Anonymous said...

THE definition of a spoilt brat is rather subjective. To some, having gifted a brand new BMW may be spoilt, while to others, maybe a tiny little ice-cream would be spoilt.

You are who you are, and what you want to define yourself as.

How you want to live, or achieve, and appreciate life is what really matters.

Anonymous said...

You are one if you are not grateful.

And your actions further reinforces that which you hope not to be.

Alls good and done, you don't have to seek approval from the net :P

Anonymous said...

It's a common misconception where people would label the only child as spoilt.

I mean, what parents wouldn't lavish their only child with the best of things? It's pretty normal I say.

Being spoilt is when you still expect spoils on silver platter served right in front of you at this day and age.

I don't see that through all your entries.

Nat--

:: Nicole.F :: said...

oh wow.. didn't expect new comment on such an old post of mine :)

thanks nat for the comment.. for me, i too don't think i'm a spoiled brat BUT then i do get spoiled from my hubby every now and then :)